- In the southern portion of the Highland Lakes, you’ll find the Lights Spectacular in Johnson City. This awesome display at the Pedernales Electric Cooperative headquarters includes 1.2 million LED lights around mature oak trees, creating a truly “electric” experience.
- Marble Falls Christmas. More than 2 million lights twinkle and light up the Walkway of Lights along Marble Fall’s picturesque Lakeside Park each Christmas season.Santa even makes appearances on weekends to visit with boys and girls. This year the town celebrates the 25th anniversary of the holiday wonderland.
- In Llano’s Badu Park is Starry, Starry Nights. The lights illuminate the park and the Llano River.
- Burnet County shows off its county courthouse in Burnet with lights on the square. The annual Christmas on the Square includes a parade and vendors then the lighting of the courthouse. You can still see the lights every evening as you stroll along downtown businesses.
- In Granite Shoals, you can walk through the ever-growing Christmas by the Highway display just off the Phillips Ranch Road and RR 1431 intersection.
- For some old-world Christmas, or Weihnachten, visit Fredericksburg for the lighting of a 26-foot pyramid and a German-themed Christmas tree. An outdoor ice staking rink offers a unique winter activity you don’t see anywhere else in the Highland Lakes.